Filter by Subcategory
Business & Skills Training
Are you seeking a challenging and rewarding career in the medical field? Candidates must be dedicated, hard working, reliable, compassionate and interested in health care. This Maine State Certified course includes 120 hours of classroom instruction plus 80 hours of clinical practice at a local health care facility.
Course fee: $975 Lab fee: $25
(includes textbook, state exam & CPR certification)
Call 225-1010 to pre-register and for more info.
ed2go Online Classes
We offer hundreds of courses you can take from the comfort of your home!
- A to Z Grant Writing
- Effective Business Writing
- Computer Skills for the Workplace
- Introduction to Quickbooks Online
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Writing Essentials
- Introduction to Natural Health and Healing
- Certificate in Energy Medicine
- And much more!
Register online at www.ed2go.com/msad52
MSAD 52 Substitute Training
Learn about MSAD 52 school expectations, teacher’s lesson plans and assertive discipline. This course is one step in the substitute teacher application process for the District. A high school diploma is required, college degree preferred. REGISTRATION REQUIRED – call 225-1010 or register here online.
Upcoming Dates: 4pm - 7pm
Monday, September 17 OR October 29
with Joyce Pratt
Gain a new skill! The primary duty of a Notary is to formerly witness signatures on paper documents and, in Maine, they can also officiate weddings. Prepare to be commissioned by an instructor with over 40 years of experience.
Material fee of $5 paid to instructor at class.
The Academy of Medical Professions Courses
The Academy of Meidcal Professions (AMP) is a licensed Proprietary School certified in Maine. Started in 1996 in Topsham, maine as Transcription Associates, Inc. School of Medical Transcription.
Complete correspondence/online courses with lectures provided through streaming audio or recorded live classes at your leisure.
- Dental Assistant - a 10 week certificate program for one of the most high demand careers!
- Medical Coding - Medical Biller and Coders are in high demand. Basic computer knowledge is a must. Many offices use the Internet and are willing to provide you with their billing programs to install on your home computer allowing you to work from home.
- Certificed Group Exercise & Personal Trainer - learn everything you need to know to enter the health & fitness field as a group instructor and/or personal trainer.
- Medical Transcription Certificate - a highly desierd field for people trying to work from home. Strong typing, computer, and English grammar skills are essential.
Additional training is offered in other high-demand jobs!
- Phlebotomy with CPT
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Hospital Billing & Coding
- Medical Coding
Classes are held at the Turner Adult Learning Center. For more information, please call Academy of Medical Professions at 866-516-8274 or 207-721-0714. Mention MSAD 52!
or email: email@example.com